Car Battery maintenance plays a vital role in the smooth functioning of any vehicle.
How to take care of your car battery?
- Keep your battery surface always clean and dry, as a dirty battery connection will weaken the charge.
- Make sure you are not spilling things like oil or grease on the top of the battery.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged all the time.
- Also keep an eye on the battery charging rate as both under charging and over charging reduces the life of battery.
- Do not place any metallic objects on the top of the battery as this can cause the battery to short.
- Make sure the battery is not loose as vibraton can cause damage to battery case and plates
- Make sure the battery water level is always topped up.
- Watch for warning signs like slow cranking when you start your car, if you experience this you have you to take your car battery for a check up.
- Make sure you replace your old battery as age affects the performance of your battery.
Also be very careful while you check your car battery as the battery contains chemical that are combustible and hence can be dangerous too.
Things that you can do to improve the car battery life
- Reduce frequent short trips as the battery wont get sufficient time to recharge properly.
- Never leave the car interior lights or headlights ON unnecessarily as they can drain your battery.
- if your car is going to be idle for a long time, there will a strain on your battery, hence its better to arrange someone to take your car for a drive once in a while.
- Extreme temperature affect battery life: Heat tends to shorten battery life, extreme cold may interfere battery ability to start.
- Reduce the use of external Devices like GPS or MP3 player, as they will feed off your battery and affect battery’s lifespan
We at Al Nahdha Auto , Ras-Al-Khor, Dubai are specialized to handle the battery service and replacements and provide proper advice.